Frequently Asked Questions

See also the Rutgers and Camden County College Partnership FAQ
The following list of frequently-asked-questions addresses general information about the Rutgers Programs at Camden County College (Blackwood).  If you have specific questions, please contact us.

Degree Offerings
What undergraduate majors are offered through Rutgers-Camden at Camden County College (Blackwood)?

Currently Offered Programs:
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
What undergraduate minors are offered through the Rutgers Off Campus degree completion program?
Currently, Psychology is available as a minor to students in the Liberal Studies Program only.

Course Informat​ion
When are the classes held?
Courses are offered primarily in the evening (6:00pm-8:40pm), though courses can also be offered on Saturday mornings.

Are online courses available?
Yes, some online courses are available.  Please speak with the Academic Program Manager to learn more.

Can I take a course offered at Rutgers-Camden?
Permission to take an on campus course is granted on a case-by-case basis by the Academic Program Manager.  Students in the Rutgers at Camden County College programs can complete all of their requirements at the CCC Blackwood Campus.
Are the programs offered through Rutgers at Camden County College offered for full-time and part-time students?
Yes, you can complete your undergraduate degree at your own pace.
If the major I am interested in is not offered by Rutgers at Camden County College, what should I do?
If the degree you are interested in is not offered, please check to see if it is offered through Rutgers-Camden.

Are the professors that teach at the off campus locations part of the Rutgers University faculty or community college faculty?
Professors teaching at the off campus locations are members of the Rutgers faculty.
Is the off campus faculty accessible for questions and assistance?
Yes, the Rutgers off campus faculty is accessible to students.

Admission Requirements
Is an Associate’s Degree required to apply ?
Yes, an Associate’s Degree is required before you apply to Rutgers at Camden County College.  The Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Criminal Justice, and Psychology degrees require a completed A.A. or A.S. degree.  The Liberal Studies program requires either a completed A.A., A.S., or A.A.S. degree.  The Political Science degree requires an A.A., A.S., or A.A.S. in Paralegal Studies.  Students can transfer up to 60 credits.
What is the college GPA required to apply?
The minimum college GPA is 2.5.
Is there a minimum number of credits that I must take every semester?
No, you can complete your degree at your own pace.  Be sure to check financial aid requirements when consdiering part time or full time status.

What services are offered?
On-site academic advising , access to computer labs, and other services.
Do I have to travel to Rutgers-Camden for academic advising?
No, academic advising is available on-site at Camden County College in Taft Hall.
Are computer labs and library services available?
Yes, computer labs and access to the Rutgers University library system are available . 

Tuition & Financial Aid
Are the tuition and fees the same as those charged by Rutgers-Camden?
The tuition is the same, but the fees vary. Read about the current tuition and fees here.
Is financial aid available for students?
Yes, financial aid is available to students. Read more about Financial Aid.

Does a degree from the Rutgers at Camden County College have the same value as a degree from the Rutgers-Camden?
Yes, a degree from Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey holds the same value regardless of where it was achieved. You will receive the same degree as those graduating from one of the main campuses.
Is there a commencement ceremony for off campus students?
Yes, students may participate in the Rutgers-Camden commencement ceremony upon graduation.